...sometimes - it just doesn't...

Saturday, November 18, 2006

winter

with the newly anticipated "seattle winter" - i've been attempting to find activities to keep me out of hibernation mode.

i am at the Central Library right now. recently finished my volunteer orientation and signed up for 3 saturdays in Dec to volunteer. I signed up for the Info Desk because I thought it would be a good kick in the rear to get to know the Library and Seattle. The Info Desk is asked to provide direction/information on not only the Library but random details and reference info on seattle sites.

My goal is to not stay at home - just because it's raining or hailing or storming - whatever.

I guess this is why I still don't have tv set up - the bunny ears or cable. I have my Beginning Knitting class tomorrow morning - Aileen decided to join. If I like it, I'm also going to sign up for a Crochet Class on Tuesday (how awesome would that be to make all of my own scarves & blankets!). Monday after work I'm doing a data entry volunteer gig at MADD in Kent. I also signed up for a Winters Brew Festival on the 2nd & A Jingle Bell Walkathon @ Westlake on the 10th.

I'll be spending Thanksgiving/Xmas/NYE in Seattle - being away from the family routines, it's going to be interesting. Not too sure when I'll be going back to CA - which will be interesting for my parents.

I also had to pass on the nanowrimo for this year. I started out with the best intentions but the more I did it, the more I really came to understand why authors buried themselves in No Man's Land to finish a book. I buried myself for a couple of days and got to the 5K mark. I did not have the mental clarity I needed to dive into 1,000+ words/day.

I've also decided to start job searching again which will be interesting. My 6 months on the contract will hit in January. I really want to start the HR classes for the UW Extension course this winter. Gotta have all my ducks lined up!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey cousin.

So, you've hit the 5K mark on writing a novel? Better than what I have at the moment, I think I have a few pages so far. Not too progressive at the moment. =0)

So, I read that you're not coming back to Cali for the holiday season? =0(

Well, I'm not sure if you have done this before (been away for a long time from family, especially during the holiday season) - but I wish you a "Happy Holidays" greeting from Southern California.

Smile and keep good thoughts in mind. =0) Will write to you soon.


- Brent -

11:05 PM

 
Blogger joaners said...

they sound pretty lined up to me!

1:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home