...sometimes - it just doesn't...

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

meant to be

do you ever think things are just not meant to happen?

i forgot to set my alarm for sunday morning. i woke up to see 10:30am staring back at me. i need to be there at 11:30am, i can still do this. *insert 30 min snooze* as i scurried out the door, i just remembered i forgot the address. so i turned my laptop back on and "eye-balled" the location. should take 10 min or less. i shut down my computer and sat up. (crap! what the heck is their name?!) i turned my laptop back on again, T#*$. got it. man, i don't have time to go to the bank, i'll have to cross my fingers this venue i chose on the internet, takes credit/debit cards. then my phone rang. sure i have time to talk daniel! i talked to him all the way down to queen anne, so much so i already forgot the address. *dangit!* so i had daniel look it up on the internet. got there, 15 min late - and it was "CLOSED". ??? i looked it up online.........i think. i scanned the area and did not see 'em staying around. i turned to the employee from next door on his cig break "excuse me, is this dolce vitta - they serve gelato?" "this is the restaurant and they do serve gelato but their other shop is over there but it's closed down". oops.

no, doesn't even stop there. i go straight home to e-mail a sorry. and got their # right away. turns out the address i gave them was for the "closed down gelateria" which was now a BBQ place. that's where they were and then they headed down to the restaurant but left because it's not open on sundays. so we rescheduled for next friday. and right when i hung up the phone, i realized i had my boss' wedding. too embarassed to call back. i txt msg'd and we rescheduled for saturday. "ok!" oops. i have to do my library shift saturday-day, so i txt'd again.

we're not meant to meet.

just like i'm meant to go to this wedding on friday by myself.

i got a wedding invitation beginning of december. and i knew it was a while away so i didn't even look at the RSVP deadline. end of dec, i found a victim to ask to join in the festivities with me. but the RSVP had passed by more than 10 days. so my plan of action was to put the RSVP "+1" on the person's desk and just say sorry it's late!! so i packed the RSVP in my bag of goodies to bring into work and carried it in a bag with a bunch of other papers...papers that i brought to work to SHRED! phooey. so i ended up e-mailing the bride and said that i'm sorry i am late but if it's still possible, wanted to RSVP. i was too embarassed to ask if it was still for "+1"...i'm going stag! woohoo. just not meant to happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home