...sometimes - it just doesn't...

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Google

Scheduled a phone interview for noon today. Scheduled at noon so I would clock out my time. It was scheduled about 2 wks ago.

My boss, said he would be flexible (on phone interviews during work) and I didn't even need to tell him in the first place, just close my door and do them. I work in a private office but it's a two person set up. We set up for contractors or when we add another headcount - which has been - never.

Yesterday he schedules a mtg at the same exact time. WE NEVER HAVE HR MTGS!?

I tell him and he says it's fine; just miss it. (ended up getting cancelled last minute today)

AND! the shared work space gets occupied because of a special project he started earlier this week.

I'm prepping and reading and waiting, 12:01pm hits. Phone rings and he walks into the room. During my whole 20 min phone screen, a conversation / debate is going on right in front of me and I bomb it.

Contractor knew. My boss knew (but forgot apparently).

As soon as he goes back to his office and I follow him and tell him I was on the phone interview which I bombed. And he seemingly is apologetic and tells him I should've kicked them out as soon as the phone rang.

I'm locking the door tomorrow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home