...sometimes - it just doesn't...

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Thank you cards

I received Nora's (6 yo) and Devon's (10 yo) thank you cards in the mail.

They are adorable.

Devon's:
  • Devon had a return mailing address label - however, it was her parents so she crossed out their name and put hers.
  • Devon had drawn a girls face on the cover of the card, with black hair and slanty eyes, with long straight hair (presumptous but i'm thinking it's me, cuz she looks white)
  • Inside she drew a purple balloon. Purple because she gave everyone a balloon that day and she picked a purple one for me.
  • Contents: "Dear Jo, Thank you for the clothes. They are very pretty. They are nice all, scarf, tights, skirt and shirt. Also, thank-you for the rabbit. Thanks! Thankfully, Devon"

Nora's:
  • Nora had a personalized (she's only 6yo?!) return mailing address label.
  • Cover: "Thank you for the clos! Love Lenora" This was written in her handwriting. She also drew two girls on the bottom, I'm ashamed to say that I can't tell what they're doing or holding or anything....but i'm sure it's relevant and perceptive!
  • Contents: (Her mom transcribed for her, verbatim) "Dear Derek and Jo, I loved it when you came to my house. I won't send this card to your parents, I'll send it to you. You should find it in your mailbox, or somewhere around it. I hope you like your new house. Share this note with Derek, please. Don't forget. Catch you later, "Love, Ly" <--- in her handwriting.

I had to ask her dad when I went to visit on Thursday night. "What did she mean by new house?" Seattle.......her memory is unreal. She still remembers that conversation that I had with her dad last month. I lub them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home