...sometimes - it just doesn't...

Friday, January 13, 2006

Dates?

  • Feb. 3rd. When I got off the plane, I planned for that to be my last day at work.
  • (this past) Wednesday - I tell Greg that's my last day and then starts negotiation #2. He's pushing for an extension. So we bust out the calendar and start talking.
  • I move it to Wednesday, Feb 8th...(not good enough)
  • We take a break.
  • He pushes for Feb 10th. I tell him no, because that's when I wanted to drive up and be there.
  • We break, he offers for me to go when i need and just come back...."you'll need the money anyways!"...no cuz if i needed the money, i wouldn't leave a month right before merit increases greg...it's not about the dinero, i used to pay to volunteer in an HR office 'member?
  • (Next Day)
  • I print out and bullet point all of my concerns
  • I print out a map to show him where my sublet is in relation to Sea-Tac.
  • I bring out my calendar and two pens and he pulls up a chair.
  • And he knocks them all down.
  • Transportation from the sublet to the airport (paid)
  • Transportation (flight) from Sea-Tac ---> Oak (paid)
  • Transportation while in Oak (paid - rental)
  • Parking / Gas in Oak (paid)
  • Transportation from Oak ---> Sea-Tac (paid)
  • Transportation from Sea-Tac ---> sublet (paid)

Pretty much, I don't want to end up paying to come back to work. So that's done.

My other concern: Time for phone interviews, appts and packing. (done) He'll let me work as an exempt and when I need to leave then I just do. so i do them during work hrs but i don't get docked like i usually would. If I have phone interviews and they need to be during work hrs, then just close the door and let him know not to bother me. And the days I take off for moving, are comp'd.

Pretty much, I don't want to use my PTO time to take care of things (I wanna cash it out). So that's done.

So that's how I got to Feb 19th.

I will work till Feb 7th, Tuesday (whatever that Tues is).

Take Wed (Feb 8th) off to pack/rent the u-haul.

Thursday (Feb 9th), drive up with Joannie. Meet maybe Becky and Sammy in Seattle. Unpack and settle in. If we have time to go to Vancouver - party altogether. If not, party there.

And we all fly our separate ways Sunday (Feb 12th). Me back to Oakland for my last work week.

Feb 13th - 17th - train / work.

Feb 17th nightime - Feb 19th - afternoon - party.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home