...sometimes - it just doesn't...

Friday, March 24, 2006

Tampons

I only started using tampons just within the last 2 -2.5yrs. I always thought the idea was yucky, to have something stuck in you for prolonged periods of time. It seemed...awkward. But I got used to them. But for some reason, I could not shake the fear of them getting stuck inside. And after one drunken weekend...and one drunken night...the hungover morning after, I couldn't remember taking the tampon out. But after drunken nights, how many thoughts and experiences are actually remembered?! but still I had it engrained that I could not recall taking it out - therefore, by logical reasoning (my logical reasoning) it had to still be in there. but I could not find it. that's when all of the (il)ogical thoughts starting coming back...what if it's there and i stick another one in there, and can't get them both out? what if i have s-e-x and i forget it's still in there? what if it just gets higher and higher? (like how it's now endless!) i couldn't find it...i asked the guy i was seeing at the time to find it...nothing...i went to my gyno...and nothing. and even after the professional confirmed, there is nothing there, i still...feared it. and every month, i still get paranoid. it's weird. i know there's nothing there, but that paranoia of it gettin' stuck in no man's land...still won't - shake.

4 Comments:

Blogger Rob said...

Jo,this is the FUNNIEST thing i ever had the LUCK to read in my life !!!

What happened to the STRING that was supposed to be in the FRONT ???

4:49 AM

 
Blogger j0mammma said...

ah yes, the string...well, that string ain't without failure, it could get shoved up there as well! with either another tampon or a boy's wee-wee. it usually doesn't - but in my mind anything could happen...

10:33 AM

 
Blogger dirtykev said...

This is way too dirty even for a gremlin named dirtykev. Thanks Jo. I just caught pink eye from reading your informative post.

10:48 PM

 
Blogger joaners said...

wow, i would have never thought to have ever written about my tampon experiences... but now i have the strength, courage, and no shame in sharing the feminine stuff with the rest of the world. you empower me, jo!

1:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home