...sometimes - it just doesn't...

Friday, May 12, 2006

meeting and greeting the barista before the bartender

met D for drinks for the first time last night and found "Chapel". i LOVE finding nice places. it was randomly recommended twice so i volunteered it for drinks and it's SO-CUTE but then that means now, i'm like not looking fwd to drinks tonight...(it hurts!) i really don't think i would make 10am bikram if i did. but i'll try. i'm excited cuz hopefully D is going to try it out tomorrow with me too! i love exercise company - misery loves company! so after i told myself that i-am-not-working-this-weekend, i was cleaning off my desk and realized i have to come in to audit payroll before monday (boo) can't make any mistakes on paychecks, gotta audit *dangit*. tomorrow is my first session of volunteering for SIFF - excited! it's behind the scenes right now, festival hasn't started yet. and then i answered an ad for peeps who need extras for a small indie film that's at a bar walking distance to my apt on sunday afternoon. but the only thing is that sunday is supposed to be really nice and it'll be my only free day(i thought it would be nice to put an ipod, sunglasses and purse on and just walk around the piers and stuff, bring my camera too, esp on a nice afternoon), esp since i'm probably going to work tomorrow. (work work blah blah blah) work - is well, it's work right now and jo can't complain, gotta pay the bills but wish it was "different" that's all. so i have no idea where all this drunk calling is coming from. i'm not gonna lie, i'm happy every time the phone is picked up but i feel bad afterwards - i swear i don't always drink!! but yeah my head did hurt this morning =) be warned, i'm drinking again tonight so - yeah....Recommended book --> "What Should I Do With My Life", Po Bronson. i can't believe i'm going home soon. i don't know how i feel about that. it's weird. but in terms of meeting people. i know everything isn't for everyone. i guess i just see all the "interesting" things i get from "filtering out" right now, that i want to share it! i want to say hey, yeah i meet randoms but you know, every once in a while you meet someone really cool. jenny, i met her last month and she's - my girl here. when she called me on thursday - really needing to talk to someone she called me and essentially expressed that. i tried to be there for her. i told her i'd drive out to the eastside and that we're drinking! but things fell through but i told her it didn't matter, i'd go to her. and i barely just met her. but i see the importance of cherishing friendships. i think that's one of the biggest lessons i've learned so far here. my phone bill isn't pretty. but i appreciate my friendships and sincere effort in maintaining them. i could do more - yes. but i know i'm doing more than i did. ya know? yes, i spend time at night, reading before i go to bed, and blogging and writing in my journal and just spacing out. but there are people i check in with regularly and some i talk to daily and email or IM or anything. letters, i like sending letters. i like receiving packages. i like when i get a package in my box that is addressed to "Joanna SMY-Lee" - made me - smile =)

1 Comments:

Blogger dirtykev said...

A wise man once told me that yoga after a night of drinking doesn't mix... but calling friends after drinking while doing yoga does. Give it a try and let me know how it goes!

12:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home