...sometimes - it just doesn't...

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Bloody Christina

Christina.
that was the name of the lady at the Puget Sound Blood Center in First Hill that.....

TOOK MY BLOOD YESTERDAY!

now.
to fully understand that statement, you need to understand that yesterday was my 6th try at donating blood. the last time I got rejected r had to console me as I started crying. (yup...crying)

I had been rejected because: collapsed vein, fresh piercings, trip to Chitchen Itza by car from Cancun, still within the 12 months (or whatever) of the Chitchen Itza trip and from the center being too crowded with donators after 9/11. that's 5 times.

"How do you feel?" is what my moral support (S) asked as they started taking the pint. And, oddly enough, it felt somewhat surreal. I couldn't believe I was there. It sounds odd and maybe weird but I was SO happy afterwards. SO happy. I felt good. I felt great. I tried and I tried and I was always rejected. I still hold onto my fear of needles. But I successfully lasted throughout the duration of giving blood, helping someone else, getting through the discomfort and just finally finishing what seemed to be an endless goal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home