...sometimes - it just doesn't...

Friday, December 02, 2005

Who? What? Where? When? Why? - Part II

Update on When:

I may have some volunteers to accompany me for a long drive, if I move mid-end Jan....so that's looking like my timeframe now.

Where?

I can go where I want. I don't have kids to worry about, pets to worry about or anything. I have friends that I can take everywhere I go. I found a place that - just at the thought *clicked*. When I graduated from college, there were two places I wanted to live and when I re-thought of those two - only one really stood out today.

My brother has been trying to talk me out of the location - it's too far, it's too gloomy, it's too - everything. And that almost (almost) makes me kick myself forward - even more. I understand it's far, I understand it's gloomy but it's what I want to do. I want to go there and find myself. I want to try myself. I'm expecting to struggle and I almost look forward to it. I feel like I won't know what I'm capable of, until I throw myself into the dungeon and suck it up! I realize that I'm not financially planned out - but that's what living in the moment is about - isn't it? Sure, I can wait until July when the weather is better and they'll be more housing and I'll have time to save more, but I don't want to wait. Yes, I realize that I need to meet the bare minimum and yes it would suck to go there and have to come back because I'm flat broke. Yes, I understand. But please understand me in what I'm thinking. Sure, I could move where I have friends, yes that would be more comforting but that would almost defeat my purpose? No, it would defeat my purpose. I want to go and prove to myself that I can make it - by myself. I'm the only one looking out for me. Who knows? Maybe I'll move from that location to another a couple months after? Maybe I won't even make it to that location? Maybe I'll come back in a couple yrs or a couple months? I don't know - but right now, I like not knowing. I LOVE the Bay Area. LUUUUVE. And, I know that when I want to "settle down" that I'm going to do it in the Bay. I'm going to live those days on my porch with Cinco on one side of me and Marie on the other - looking at our grandkids play in the yard - in The Bay. But before I do that, I want to experience - elsewhere and make my world bigger. I want to know more. I want to throw myself into an experiment and see what the outcome is. I want to build myself - and what a better time than now? I'm realizing this is more of a "Why?" blog....

---> Update - This has turned into "Why?"

I love a clean canvas. I love New Years. I love changing jobs. I love it all. So the idea of moving, calms me right now.

So where am I going with this. So yes, I have picked a location but when I'm thinking more and more - no, it's not 100% this location because that's the whole beauty of where I'm at now. I can go anywhere.

*(So what's ---> "the location" = Seattle, WA)

1 Comments:

Blogger dirtykev said...

Niiiiice... You get props over here.

10:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home