...sometimes - it just doesn't...

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Carlos - Here's my resolution

Twice in one week.

Last Wednesday, I had gone after work to cash in a mani/pedi gift certificate I received. It was at the Nail Shop on Grand Avenue. It was right after work. I parked in the parking lot a few businesses away. As I was passing by this coffee shop, I thought to myself, last time I was here, I saw Mestre Carlos. He was sitting outside the coffee shop and recognized my capoiera pants (what a perp!...but they're comfy) and I stopped by to say hi. And JUST as I was passing by and thinking this, I saw him inside on his cell phone. He was the only patron there. They were closed...but I kept walking. I felt guilty, I should've at least banged on the glass or something, but what if he didn't recognize me. I wasn't in the capoiera pants and I wasn't at the Mission Cultural Center or near a roda.

Saturday as I was packing my bag for the night. D called and we went to Bay street. As we were walking out of Bath and Body Works, I saw a man in a white beenie on the cell phone. I did a double take as he talked and walked away....was that??? hey that's Carlos! what? nothing....and I watched him continue to talk and walk away in the opposite direction. After we finished (my) shopping, I asked to re-trace our steps to see if maybe he was still there. but he wasn't...oh, I don't want to bother him just to say hi. that's how i make myself invisible. oh they don't want to say hi to me, oh they won't remember me, oh they're busy.

That's my resolution. To not think like this. Simple as that - now implement.

But now I sit here and regret not saying hello - how are you? Carlos was always nice to me, he made me feel welcomed and I liked being around him. I liked seeing him lead Fogo Na Roupa - (as it was named) it was Carlos' Circus. Even if he didn't recognize me right away, I knew a couple of key words to jog the memory. Maybe I'll hit 3x/2wks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home