...sometimes - it just doesn't...

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Sign

My house phone rang again. (I was supposed to be at work. If I didn't ask last minute for the day off I wouldn't have gotten this call. If I had found the AAA building, when I drove around aimlessly, I wouldn't have gotten this call. If I had screened it out, like I usually do when ppl call my house phone, I wouldn't have gotten this call.)
It was the Red Cross.
They need my blood.
"I would love to, but I've been denied like 5x for various reasons."
9am tomorrow.
After speaking about my different reasons and her experience I am convinced that tomorrow morning will be my day.
My flight is at 1:40pm, so I will have ample time to do last minute items and meet my appt in the morning.
But I'm not lying, I've been denied over and over and I would love to finally be able to donate and give part of me to someone who needs it (me). Realistically I will need to hold strong if it doesn't work out again. I didn't think I could get emotional but the last rejection, when they couldn't find my vein, I had to divert my eyes from my support, that was also donating because it sucked a big fat one. I felt my eyes well up, but at least one of us was able to help though, that was the bright side.

I think part of the reason why this goal is so personal is because I'm actually scared of needles.
When I was young, I often needed to have my blood counts monitored so I would need to get MANY blood tests. I hated them. I always cried. I always needed to be bribed, archie comic books was the common one. I could never look at the needle. I hated the dr. So to be able to help but also conquer a personal fear is priceless.

(I think this was also why my parents never understood my body piercings?! but it's different 'ma! =)
But tomorrow, will be my morning. That would get me off to a kick-a$$ start right before my trip.
After years (I spaced out my failed attempts) of persistence, it would make me invincible!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home