...sometimes - it just doesn't...

Sunday, October 15, 2006

finding the unknown - one farmers market at a time

i am sitting in starbucks right now in the fremont district. I came here because I still had a starbucks card that I could cash out on. (pretty proud, it was part of my going away present from my old job and i've held onto it for at least 3 months!) And i came here purposely because they have a sunday's farmer's market that has fresh kettle korn. it's not a ritual - but i had been coming the last couple of weekends, just for that. always by myself. this time i came here because it finally stopped raining and i realized it's sunday! so i packed up my timbuk2, loading it with my laptop, camera (woohoo!), iPod and phone. i forgot that half of the vendors do not show up in the rain so the kettle korn lady wasn't there! she's not here! i nearly panicked. i didn't know what i was going to munch on for the next week?! i still don't! *sigh* but whenever one door closes another one opens" well, since i had gotten conditioned to coming here on sundays for my kettle korn it reminds me that i have a goal. as frivilous as it is, it was to hit up every single farmers market in seattle. at least once. and i've been here since feb and i've hit up:

-pike place

-broadway

-fremont

-U-district

....that's it. but i've been to the Fremont and Pike Place - A LOT!

so it's time to hit the maps and the schedules and get back to basics and get back around the city.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home