...sometimes - it just doesn't...

Thursday, October 05, 2006

"even"...."balanced"

it was bound to happen.
i've been having just *awesome* days recently.
work - been awesome!
challenging - interesting - high speed - just plain 'ol - awesome.
but today.
today - sucked crap!
it was horrible!
terrible!
i knew it when i woke up this morning - i should call in sick.
but my tummy ache - was bearable. so i went.
and it just kept getting worse and worse.
finally - i decided to take a lunch and go to the asian grocery store and pick up some stuff, browse a little. redirect the attention.
but this guy.
oh boy. an older "non-asian" male - comes up to me, gets real close up into my personal space and speaks ever so slowly - "DOOOO YOUUUUUUUUU SPEAKKKKKKKK ENGLISH????!!!!"
*jo staring blankly at him wondering how i can take him down*
"yeswhatcanihelpyouwith"
"IS THIS (pointing at tempura sauce jar) FOR DIPPING (using the hand motions to dip something) SHRIMP?"
"shrimp tempura? it's a tempura sauce?"
"SHRIMP!!! (looking around his basket - fiddling around apparently looking for shrimp) you know......SHRIMP"
"yeahsurewhaddavafineuhuh"
"OK!!!!"

jo walks away.

man what an a$$. but then i start to think - i'm just being a snatch. let me stop.

so i get in line to buy a small box of noodles and the guy gets in line behind me. And as soon as his turn came up (while I was waiting to pay for my food) - he just kept being such an A$$ to the employees! i couldn't believe him. complete jerk. where everyone in line was just staring at him.

and thought - this was a stupid place to come to destress from work! (shoulda went for my walk!)

but as I sat down to eat an awesome vegan thai dinner with C for his belated bday, everything just got better. away from stress, away from work. good food, good company. this is better.
as i turned onto my street to go home, a couple of guys flagged me down(what was funny w/this picture was that there were 3 guys and 1 gal and the gal was the one jumping the car) - they need a jump. so i stopped and i felt better. like i was wrong - my day did have meaning.

1 Comments:

Blogger joaners said...

you shoulda just said to the guy, me no speaka engrish! go way ugly man!

2:36 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home