...sometimes - it just doesn't...

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

The U

Yesterday I walked along University Avenue towards the Varsity with books in arms. I tried to head over early to figure out my game plan for classes and to finish up Harry Potter over some caffeine =/. I got sidetracked into the U. Bookstore and was only able to tackle half of the store for the time being. After a random started asking me even more random questions. Then I thought about how I just really wanted to be outside. "really cheap books huh?" "do you speak French?" "do you go to school here? are you studying Sociology? Politicial Science?" "Are you a Professor" "Are...." ......"ok.thanks.have.a.good.night!"
crossing the street, I must've ordered the one item on the menu that you're not supposed to order because my vanilla chai boba tasted like crap! i felt so bad throwing it away so I saved it to see if S could salvage it and even he said it tasted like crap (and if you've ever been a kid - watching that "Life Cereal" commercial where Mikey eats anything...well, yeah - he eats anything so if he tosses it - it's crap.) But we watched Renaissance.

"....yeah typical film noir....." I overhear as Brian and S thoroughly critique over gyros....*what?* which led me to Wikipedia -->

Film Noir: The term film noir (French for "black film"). Film noir is a cinematic term used primarily to describe stylish Hollywood crime dramas, particularly those focused on sex and corruption. Hollywood's classic film noir period is generally regarded as stretching from the early 1940s to the late 1950s. Film noir of this era is associated with a low-key black-and-white visual style that has roots in German Expressionist cinematography, while many of the prototypical stories and much of the attitude of classic noir derive from the hardboiled school of crime fiction that emerged in the United States during the Depression.
...learn something new every day! i could've gone to sleep right after that convo i guess. *shrugging shoulders*

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A classic French noir piece.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000AQKUG8.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

10:21 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

let's try again.

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/
B000AQKUG8.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

10:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home