...sometimes - it just doesn't...

Monday, October 30, 2006

work in progress

status:

Volunteering -->

1. Puget Sound Blood Center: still no match yet. Completed all my paperwork and volunteer interview. Tried to sign up for either the - downtown or Northgate but either won't work due to scheduling. Waiting to hear back on Tukwila.
2. Library: Turned in application. still no match. Waiting to hear back on meeting with someone at either/both the Central Library n Cap Hill Library.
3. Volunteer Activity Co-leader: my first meeting is still next weekend.

Classes -->

1. My first photography class is on the 6th. I'm pretty excited it's the "Basics of Digital Photography". Because let's face it I still haven't mastered the basics - gotta start somewhere!
2. Went into Michaels today and got a schedule of the upcoming classes! Found a beginning Knitters class & a Card Making class I'd like to sign up for. You need to sign up/pay in person. It's right by my work so I can do that at lunch tomorrow!
3. HR: I'm holding off for right now, #1 because I missed the deadline for UW Extension Course. But as an interim measure I was able to xerox the complete "SHRM Essentials" workbook to do some self-study.
4. Computers: I just put a 5 DVD set to brush up on some MS Excel. I'd love to dive into Photoshop but 1 - I thought I had it and I can't find it and 2 I really want to squash these lingering Harry Potter books so I can get on with my life =).
5. Exercise: I have been delaying on getting back into Yoga because I am cheap. That's pretty much what it boils down to. I pay $15/month for our gym @ work. It has the basics (handful of machines) and I found out today that if I take lunch at 1:30pm - then at the most, there's only going to be one other person there with me. Then I could just eat while working, like I always do. Or I could always walk outside during lunch too. No it's not rigorous but it's so convenient! and cheap(er). =/

Other....
I have a 28 item queue for the Seattle Public Library, 2/3 of them are actual books....still have not gotten one yet.

Off to read the Potter!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home