...sometimes - it just doesn't...

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Irreplaceable

When I lived in Oakland, there was a theater we would sometimes frequent. Sometimes, but not regularly. Parkway Theater. They would have $2.50 movies on Wednesdays. They had cheap food, served alcohol and had comfy couches as long as you got there early. It was close by. It was a great deal. The food was inexpensive therefore usually a line. The couches were limited so it usually took at least two people - one to run and grab a couch and the other to get the grub. I miss it. I miss it, along with "The Meat Place" - that has awesome korean food and this killer salad! I miss arizmendis pizza. I miss the Kettle Korn guy at the farmers market by Grand Lake Theater.

But as I was looking for volunteer gigs recently, I came across Central Cinema. Central Cinema is based on 3 theaters and one of them being Parkway!! --> http://www.central-cinema.com/news/index.htm

What a coincidence!?

So I found it and we just came back from watching Citizen Kane! Too bad I watched it when Hearst Castle is only a million more miles away from me now!? The showing was at 9:15pm but since I only had soup for lunch, I caved and ate dinner when I got home. I was saving it for the yummy menu but once we got there and I started ordering, well, let's just say I pretty much had my beer, my salad with the complimentary toasted focaccia, most of the popcorn with curry seasoning and a slice of his pizza and all of the chocolate orange creme brulee ALL TO MYSELF.

Central Cinema -->
http://www.central-cinema.com/

Parkway Theater -->
http://www.picturepubpizza.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home