...sometimes - it just doesn't...

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Fried Lightsaber!!

On my way over to deliver wilmar's lightsaber, i stopped by to get In N Out. Cinco and them were cooking but I was craving french fries. Plus! when I had looked at the menu, my dinner was still going to cost less than three bucks. (it ended up coming to $2.91! what a screamin' deal!?!!) So i called them while in line just to double check to make sure they didn't want anything? As soon as I had put the bag with a hamburger and french fries in the front seat, I came to a sudden stop at the end of the drive thru as it merged with the regular parking lot traffic. And two seconds later, my fries were scattered all over my passenger seat floor mat. And if anyone has ever been in my car, they could probably count how many times, I've seriously put some elbow grease in cleaning it. I had to toss them, there was no other way, even with my re-invented 5 minute rule - i just couldn't. I was so bummed, my $2.91 dinner was ruined. They live off an exit that you need to come to a stop light as soon as you get off the ramp. And then, at that light, you're staring straight ahead - right at the Burger King! so those two seconds gave me just enough time to decide to try one more time to satisfy my french fry craving! yes, I bought a medium frieds from BK to go with my In N Out hamburger. *ahhhhhhh*

(I have the worst memory and so usually if I have even the slightest clue on what to get someone, I'll usually forget by the time their bday or xmas is here. But wilmar's bday idea was planted a while ago.)

As I get to the Trestasco's house, I bring in my lightsabered shaped present for Wilmar and tell him happy belated and asked him to open the present. All amped because I'm thinking that he's going to love it!

(I had thought of the idea when Daniel was working at Master Replicas and I got to play with one in person. He was going to Grand Lake Theater to do a promo the opening night of the last movie! and so we got to take pix with the crowd and get them hyped up and even give some away - it was so cool! That had to be at least a couple of months ago, because my initial deadline was to order it online before August to get a 20% off (I think?) and i missed it.)

But yeah, so I was slightly perplexed when Wilmar just casually finished cooking before strolling over to his present. and slowly opened it. Not surprised at the slightest.

And then Wilmar spills the beans...he tells me Carino had actually called him and "hypothetically" asked him what color a lightsaber should be for a present........................................!?!?!??!??!........................

Now, if we backtrack, I actually told Carino that I'll get the present but if he could phone a friend and confirm what color wilmar would like. I said (verbatim) "Call Tim or Chris and ask them, what color he would want".............................but apparently he called Wilmar because then Cinco sits down and (completely not in the conversation) says, "So did wilmar tell you eric called to ask him what color he should get?".......

I was so disappointed because I had been so amped that I actually got a genuine gift.

oh well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home