...sometimes - it just doesn't...

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Golden Gate Bridge

Brian asked me recently what was on my check-off list before I move and I replied: reserving U-haul, confirming my passenger/s, selling clothes and books, etc. And he said no, what I want to do or visit before I move.
Hmmmm....well.
I didn't have a list so I thought of one thing - The Golden Gate Bridge. I've lived in Oakland forever and I've never walked it.

9am - Saturday morning, 2/4/06.
This morning I took the venture with A to walk the bridge. He drove up from Campbell and was at my doorstep by 9am. As soon as we got in my car, I said Coffee!! need! coffee! so we stopped by to grab so caffeine and walked right next door for a noah's bagel.

We were about to hit the freeway when we passed the Farmers Market and I saw Kettle Korn! We should've gotten that and we pull over and there's one parking space immediately on the right. So I stop in the red zone and start reversing. Two cars slowly pulled up and I thought they were trying to nab my space. Yet! I turned in front for that second to see them when another car pulls up parallel to me and turns to me (she looked at me! we made eye contact!) and reverses right then and there!?!!??!?! she's stealing my spot!! And with my mouth wide open I start honking and she's completely oblivious and already getting outta the car by then. I was so appalled. A!?!?! I can't believe she did that!? I wouldn't do that to her! I sat there in disbelief and calmed myself, this is not worth it*sipping my coffee* - but I still thought it was wrong. some people will never cease to amaze.


SO we started our journey, with Kettle Korn, a camera & a grande soy caramel machiatto(we already had finished noah's in the car).





This is the end point. We filled the parking meter with 1 hr and 37 minutes and we arrived back with 2 minutes to spare.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home