...sometimes - it just doesn't...

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

office snatch

my boss emailed me the other day asking me to answer questions for my replacement and to give him my cell number so i can do so. i emailed him back, saying that i would prefer to wait until i'm set up as a contractor first...just to get it outta the way. "nothing in life is for free!"...that's what he said to me! his response was "when"....that was it...nothing more and nothing less. so i emailed him back, "when - what" and left my number in there. 7:30am the next morning he calls me on my cell. 7:30am to unemployed people is like midnight to employed ppl. that was like monday and i haven't checked the vm yet. so what do i do, i start dreaming about work - all night last night, in between my interrupted sleep because all i kept doing was stressing. and that's when i feel i FULLY realized how much stress he was, throughout the last year. i thought it was the stress of the new job, acquisition and such but it wasn't, it was all him. when i would talk to others and tell them, scenarios from work, they're like - wow, he's demanding...when i would say that he calls me an average of like 10x during projects, they look at me like i'm crazy but i'm like no...i get my exercise running from my office to his. *sigh* so it's making me really really look at these potential bosses during interviews and try to figure out within that limited timeframe how they would manage me. because as much as i learned from working with him, all i did was work. and being here in a new city, i definitely need a better balance so i can enjoy everything after 5pm as well.

also what threw me off was my coworker asked me for a second time for my self review for 2005 via email. when i was still working i spent 2 business days working on that freakin' evaluation that was like 10+ pgs long. i did it to take with me and to prep for interviews and he asked me then and i said no and i was perplexed when he emailed me today and asked me again. he's like, well...because we were on ABC project together. and i'm sitting here like, he's 50+ yo and received a 5K bonus for that same ABC project when i didn't get a red cent...i think he can do this evaluation on his own, management sure felt like he was an integral part, he should at least be able to showcase that in writing himself instead of cutting/pasting my 2 cents. *sigh*

ok, i feel better. now bring back the cheer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home