...sometimes - it just doesn't...

Sunday, March 12, 2006

This is what I signed up for.

Friday afternoon.

I was reflecting in my car the other day...

My computer crashed and I got impatient - so I thought - mall!
It was about 5pm and I was driving in my car to the mall to get more interview clothes.
(Last minute, my last carry-on luggage did not fit all 4 interview suits I had accumulated over the years, so I picked my lucky one and forgot the minimum was actually - 2.)

It was hailing, thunder and lightning. The freeways had snow all over them and we were going about 20 miles/hr. Random cars would pass by me with inches of snow covering them all over.
I had just finished a day of calling back my old boss, a couple of phone interviews, a call back from a headhunter, the library, following up with another headhunter, writing cover letter emails, sending thank you emails, searching for housing, regular emails and errands. I had no idea where the day went.

I just called J. We had been exchanging emails for awhile and set a place to meet up for the first time. She's a married 29 yo chick who recently moved here too and is plain bored and wanted to get out and meet people.

Then I thought about an IM conversation I had with A, where he goes "poor jo"...

And I thought to myself...I have no plan. I have no place of my own yet. I don't have a job yet. I don't really even know many peeps here yet. And I don't have my fav hangouts yet. And most of the time, I don't know what I'm doing the day after.

But...no poor jo, this is exactly what I signed up for and I'm just relishing in it. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home