...sometimes - it just doesn't...

Saturday, April 08, 2006

The Long Road AWAY FROM Home

It's taken a lot to get here...Seattle.

This blog is a current stream of my thoughts, but can be misinterpreted as patting my own back.

Mentally and physically. I've been questioned and questioned by friends, family, coworkers and my boss...not strangers. Questions about why Seattle. Why now. What about money. What about a job. What about a home. Who will I know. Who.What.Where.When.Why. These ppl care about me and want the best for me and brushing off their concerns over and over - was draining. I would love to say that it was easy; realistically I listened to their points and tried to brush off the negativity. I thought long and hard at times and the path forward would sometimes get blurred. Sometimes I would get lost, sometimes I would turn around and sometimes I would just walk forward with my eyes closed.

The road away from home - is a long one.

But I'm here for all of the reasons I've mentioned before and it comes down to trying to better me by experimenting and acknowledging that boundaries are endless.

This past week, when I would be eating with my coworkers - towards the end they said that I'm the one who's trying the weird foods. There was a new blackberry green tea frap at Starbucks and I wanted to try it cuz it sounded (and looked!) weird. Another day we were in the grocery store and they had a carbonated coffee and I bought it cuz it sounded weird. When I was at the airport, I bought chips cuz it had yogurt in it.

When I would drive I went with my gut. Since I've been in my new home without time lines, I kinda just started driving like this: *driving up to a 4-stop* "Oh! I wonder what's over here." *making a left* "Oh! What about here? and here?" getting lost was in essence, finding my bearings. And that's how I drove in Portland too and I think I drove my coworker crazy =)

(I've heard) I don't match to dress. I don't match and somehow it matches to me. I start putting things on in the morning and put on items that I want to wear, not the outfit but the items..and then I see what concoction I come up with. Sammy - had a great quote to explain my choice in dressing but I guess I could start with what I'm wearing right now in this online coffee shop: fingerless black gloves, pink "Becky" earrings, red puma sweatshirt, green sesame t-shirt, green/tan/brown scarf, orange/black/brown plaid jacket, blue/yellow capoiera pants, brown/tan sauconys, pink/white socks.

So I guess this is all relative to Seattle. I'm coming to see what's over here...And whether I like it more or less at least I'll know.

I've learned that there are some things for some people.
I've learned that everything is not for everyone. And thank goodness for that.

I couldn't
not be here, after the seed of Seattle was planted in my mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home