...sometimes - it just doesn't...

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

end.date.

so i have this retarded guilt whenever i leave jobs. i try to make the transition work for the employer....

Examples:
KPMG-if memory serves me correctly i postponed my end date twice and the third time they asked i said no and they got mad. i was not able to put them as a reference when i left.
Octagon-gave my boss a two month notice and postponed my date twice. but since i'm still working for him it works out. i'm going to need a paycheck after my current job.
*insert current company name here*-told my boss i didn't want to leave her with the std 2-wks esp being in hr we both know it takes a lot longer to find the right person and train. she pushed off our 'meeting to discuss' for three days' and i had to call her on it. and then when i go in her office she's like "what would you like to talk about? you called this mtg?"............*($#@&(*$&@#(&*$@(*&#!!!!

but, finally secured an end timeframe (which i'm happy with) of 8/4-8/18, pending interviews both mine and hers.

so what sucks about this?

i haven't been applying for jobs, but hit up two recruiters who've already ditched me cuz i couldn't commit to an end date with my boss.

ok but then i found this really cool job ("HR Writer" to walk into a company, digest their policies and be able to write the corporate communications (handbook, announcements, manuals, training materials) for them *sweet!* i LOVE it!) online last night and applied and they emailed me back asking if i could be available earlier and i can't....now. two days ago i could've but since i met with my boss, i went back to my computer and emailed her back our mtg for my file and there's my written agreement. so now i can't leave. *dangit* it's like the beauty of being able to ensure things get put in my ee' file but i did it a day or two too early...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home