...sometimes - it just doesn't...

Monday, June 26, 2006

type.

"what's your type?"
um...i don't know. i don't think i have one.
bullsh!t.

here's my type as of 6/26/06.

-confident
-geeky
-dorky
-intelligent
-open minded
-goal oriented
-chivalrious
-courteous
-patient
-male (i do live on capitol hill, gotta make the distinctions)
not in any particular order

(GF is your "Softie" in there like swimwear?)

jc is geeky, dorky, a boy and intelligent.

but it's not majority wins i'm learning i need 100%

it bothers me when he:

-doesn't walk me to my car at like 2am or asks where i parked or if i would like him to walk me to my car or asks me to call him when i get home to ensure i get there safe. sure i can walk on my own two feet, but i want to be with the guy who's gonna care and give a shit whether i get from Point A to Point B.
-doesn't wait until i get my food to start eating
-cracks his toes while we're watching a movie
-always lets me win with "the grab". like........always.
-touches/fiddles w/my water bottle w/his toes *ew*
-drops me off at my place on the side street at like midnight and doesn't even wait for me to walk in the door before driving off to ensure i get in the apt ok (i do live off broadway - crazies are there any time of the day) or offers to drop me off at my doorstep
-walks in front of me

am i being too picky? i don't think so anymore. i am just learning about what i want(you know, the whole thing about appreciating bad / weird dates) and i realize some people spend their whole lives trying to figure it out....we hung out all saturday - went to brunch, antique store shopping, pride celebration at seattle center, broadway pride parade, hung out at my place and sunday night watched a movie and tonight hung out. but we could go either way. friends or dating. we're both new. we have the same sense of humor but i know what i'm looking for and he's not it.

but essentially i'm attracted to the "confident-patient-geeky-considerate-chivalrious-goal oriented-open minded-dorks". courteous to strangers. talk my mom's ear off. ensures i get home ok. will go to a folsolm street fair w/o getting the heebie jeebies. will walk on the outside just because. can teach me the littlest thing every day. can make me laugh with the dumbest jokes. is patient when i road rage. and knows where he's going in life. figures out what he wants and just goes for it. is that so hard to ask?

but if i already know he's not what i'm looking for. yesterday he popped the "so what are we doing? just friends? casually dating"?....*ugh awkwardness!* do we still 'casually date'? draw the line at friends? not see each other at all? i don't know how this goes? he doesn't either. he doesn't make my heart go pitter patter. but....i don't know. =)

2 Comments:

Blogger joaners said...

walking on the outside is a huge thing! mine doesn't do it yet, but i'm trying to teach.... we can't have mr perfect, but we can get real close. i believe that. doesn't sound like he's real gentleman to me. or maybe he's just ignant.... must ALWAYS make sure you get into your apt before driving off. that's a huge NO-NO if he doesn't.

1:09 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAH. i'm the perfect guy

8:52 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home