...sometimes - it just doesn't...

Saturday, September 30, 2006

sattadae

ahhh...Saturday mornings. gotta love 'em. Being kicked out by taichibums who don't sleep in later than 8am to hit the park. woohooo.....=(

as I turned onto University Ave this morning I looked at the sign confirming that 9am was the start time for The U-District's Farmers Market. *looking at my cell phone which read: 8:24am*

not good. hmmmm. i'm too far from home (laziness) to go and come back. Too cold outside to go wandering around looking for coffee in my dress and super thin sweater. I'll just read my "Stranger" and eat my kettle korn until then.

And that's when I sat and read and ate until 30 min passed. And boy, was it crowded when I got there.....at 9am. the lines for fresh produce were startling. I made my rounds, figured out why I usually don't buy too much produce at these things...considering I don't know how to cook. But I completed my first round when I overheard two gentlemen talking:

"what time does this thing start?"
"8am - they just changed it"
man looks to his wife "honey, see, i'm never taking your word for it again"

30 min wasted just because someone didn't want to spend the money and change the freakin' sign.

1 Comments:

Blogger joaners said...

at least you caught up on some reading and had some jo-time.

8:04 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home