...sometimes - it just doesn't...

Friday, September 01, 2006

airport day

today was another awesome day.

i had purchased a flight for 8:30pm departure from Sea-Tac but last minute we got a notice that today is a comp'd day company wide (sweet...wish i wasn't a contractor right now....) so i got today off. my items to take care of consisted of registering my car and getting my parking permit. i was done before it hit 930am this morning because i didn't have the "original Pink Slip" with me. so that left me to go to the zoo AKA. "airport on a holiday weekend". but surprisingly it was all perfect. I stood in line and chatted with a 80 y.o. lady who was on her way to Spokane. shared a table while eating my pasta with a family of three who collectively stopped eating when i was getting up and all said thank you at the same time. chatted with another lady in security line who was on her way to San Jose/Santa Cruz. Exchanged friendly hellos to 2 gentlemen separately while waiting in line to board. one even said hi to me when we landed in oakland and his wife. and lastly, spoke to a couple sitting next to me on board, they just came back from an Alaska cruise and they were heading home to Santa Rosa. it was sweet. sweet.

the only fork in the road was changing flights. since i had an 8:30pm. i thought, pretty much anything earlier and i would be happy. but the cost to change it was 90 bucks. even if i just changed one leg. so i changed both. so i would be able to go out tonight and stay all monday too. sweet. esp. considering i had no way to get home from Sea-Tac even if i didn't want to change flights. it would've taken 1+ hrs to do and doubled to come back. not worth it. but alas, here i am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home