...sometimes - it just doesn't...

Sunday, October 01, 2006

homes

"... what do you think about coming back?"

when i first moved here...actually let me back up...when my parents first started accepting that i was coming here - my mom would always repeat "you can always come home" - over. and over. and over again. she wouldn't let down. and i took it with a grain of salt. ok. she needs to say it. it's her motherly instinct to let me know, she's always here for me. i accept it.

and when i first arrived here. the calls were the same "you know if it doesn't work you can always come home".

ok thanks mom.

and i would try to keep them in the loop with update emails. i'm job searching. i'm apt searching. blah blah blah. let them know i'm still breathing. they need that. accepted.

when i bought my first couch, i was so stoked! that red couch that i previously wrote about which manny insists is a ski lift. and my mom, without fail, tells me i shouldn't have bought it. that i shouldn't buy furniture in case i decide to move back....?!

and it's been roughly 8 months. i just counted the months on the side of my blog. and she still writes like that...." what do you think about coming back?"

i don't know, i assume if i just read it and not respond or react. one day she'll realize that sometimes we leave home. that we can have more than one home in our life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home