...sometimes - it just doesn't...

Sunday, December 17, 2006

j

Everything happens for a reason. I've heard that many times before but yesterday I thought I saw it come into place. Yesterday after the library and after wandering around downtown I walked to Pike Place. I had my camera with me and thought I'd see if they had any holiday decorations before heading to Sea-Tac. I was on the phone walking down the street when I decided haphazardly that I wanted to check out the flower bouquets. So I crossed the street immediately and headed into the market. As I merged into the the busy bundle of bodies in the market, I turned to my left to ensure I didn't bump into anyone. And as I turned who do I see immediately to my left? J. And as we turned, I awkwardly had about 2 seconds to decide if I had any room to quickly shuffle my feet before he recognizes me. "Hey...." I say with the most obvious hesitation. "Hey how's it going?" "Good, and you?" "Good"......*insert completely awkward silence considering we both did not have anything else to say to each other* so I turned to keep walking in front of him and continued my phone conversation. seattle is small but i didn't know it was that small.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home