...sometimes - it just doesn't...

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Volunteering

I almost felt bad.
I almost felt bad when my alarm went off at 5:30am this morning and I pressed snooze. I must have pressed snooze or off or something because I did not wake up until 6:53am.

This might be early considering it's a Sunday morning.
But it was actually late considering I was supposed to be at the Volunteer booth at 6:30am at Westlake Center.

And I almost felt bad that I did not make it to duty. My guilt subsided when I recalled the Volunteer Coordinator at the Library who passive-agressively (?) got mad at me when I told her I did not sign up for the Saturday shift she called to confirm. She called to confirm a Saturday, 10am shift at Friday, 5:10pm - that I had not agreed to. And in telling her I had not signed up for that but did not want to leave her high and dry the day before(therefore saying I could still be there), she made the executive decision to find someone else. She wanted to find someone else because I was not "prepared". As we closed our conversation and I told her sorry about the mix up - she hung up. She hung up abruptly, even though, she confirmed during orientation "I would not sign you up for shifts without confirming with you before".!? And also after we had both signed me up for Saturday shifts every Saturday in December, except yesterday. She is also the same Volunteer Coordinator who waited a month to contact me for an orientation.

So in the end I was able to transfer the miscommunication with the Seattle Public Library and ease my guilt for a completely separate volunteer organization that really was counting on me to be there this morning at 6:30am for their benefit event.

Ah, well, at least I feel better now =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home