...sometimes - it just doesn't...

Sunday, February 12, 2006

ahhhh....

there's an unbelieveable relief that i got after we dropped off the u-haul in bellevue on friday afternoon.

*free at last*

Q & DC came with me for the long weekend.

Highlights:

Conversation -
DC: Hey, who's sh!t smells worse, mine or Jo's?
Q: Jo's.
Jo: dangit!


Drove through Weed, California. (I never knew that town existed!) To top it off, the truck stop we ate at. When the waitress asked what we wanted to drink, we replied - H2O. She said it would just take a few since she needed to clean up the broken glass she just dropped in the ice machine.

Talked to T on Saturday! I got his # and gave him a call and spoke for a quick second and told him I'd give him a call once I got back into town! i asked if he wanted to grab lunch since i'll only be back for another week and he said yeah!

Q got hit on by the snorting drunken girl at the bar, it was "Norms" bar. "I like you"

It was a bar that had dog pictures everywhere and they served Pabst beer in 40's. this meant the drunken girl to the right of you, had a 40 in a brown bag while she was trying to look all cute. this looked odd to me. she came outside to get a light, for the cigarette that she stole from DC on our way out. we were all standing in a circle: Greg, Chris, Aaron, DC, Q and I. Chick starts snorting and we started busting out so freakin' hard it was classic. she's like - "I snort - get over it".

Seattle got extra brownie points - after we went to War Room in Capitol Hill. Saturday Night we met up with Christine and went to War Room. And we got trashed and it was so much fun. I wasn't sure if the boys were having fun or not, so I called up Greg to try to meet him up in Bellevue for 80's night. But since he didn't answer, we just stayed - and it turned out the boys really liked it. Apparently the whole time there, they hadn't seen girls and that club had a good diverse mixture of cute girls for them so after the night, Seattle got extra brownie points (according to DC & Q). So it's a good thing my roomie didn't answer.

DC and Q really liked my roomie. They got along really well and they said it exactly right, they got to know him more this weekend than I but I figure I'll be living with him so I'll have plenty of time - even if it's just as a sublet! Even the night of War Room - as they saw a bunch of eye candy, they kept saying - "Man, Greg missed out, he really missed out." But I really lucked out on living situations. the drunk drive home is hard on friday and saturday nights from seattle (i tried it last night and i swerved twice into the other lane) but sh!t, it'll be worth it. the only thing i didn't think to check is my cell phone reception, any calls i was on - every call got cut off at least once.

"Looks like you got a cool roommate, good peeps to hang out with up here, I'm happy for you". That's what Q said at some point when we were heading towards the airport and it made me really happy. A lot of the time, peeps were questioning my safety when I would tell them that I answered an ad on Craigslist. Understandably so - but Q's two second comment made me feel a lot better about everything.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home