...sometimes - it just doesn't...

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Neighborhood

This morning I woke up and walked to the library. On my way over I walked into urban outfitters and bought gloves on sale for $4.99 (woohoo!). I went to the library (11:51am) and the sign said it would open at 1pm, so I walked to the online cafe to kill time. The online cafe, across the street from my apt has the first 30 min free if you purchase a drink. So it's like free internet since I would need caffeine anyways (today it just sucked cuz I already drank a Tab energy drink on the walk over). I then walked back home to drop off my urban outfitters and walked back to the library. To find out that they actually did open at noon, I just hadn't read the 'updated' sign on the window (dangit!).

But I like my neighborhood.

Sometimes it gets loud but I'm one of those apts where you're like - man, I wish I lived here so I wouldn't have to try and find parking here!...everything I need is within walking distance. Friday after I got off the airplane, I didn't need my car at all. I walked to the WaMu, to QFC to grab something for dinner, to the Liquor and Wine store (which reminds me I need to share the WA alcohol law) for Kettle One for pre-funk w/Christine & D, to the online cafe to check my email and to the library to sign up for a library card and hopefully use their internet to find out they were slammed. D ended up driving that night, so I didn't use my car at all and when we went for drunk munchies, we drove back to my place and walked across the street to Dicks.

So today, I don't think I'll even need my car for awhile. I'm meeting up for coffee in 2 hrs (walking distance) and until then I'm going to review my notes from training since I need to be shipped back off to Portland tomorrow morning for my last two days and I want to make those days as efficient as possible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home