...sometimes - it just doesn't...

Thursday, April 13, 2006

untitled

did you know in portland they have a state law to have cameras in all of the taxis based on violence against taxis drivers in SF? but that the taxis aren't even monitored but stored stills so that if they need to reference crimes they can look it up but it's not monitored live or anything. did you know that in both downtown portland and seattle they have "Free Ride" areas that you can just jump on and off without paying? i don't know if they have that on MUNI but i don't recall. did you know that it took me a million emails/calls to get my building manager to fix blinds and my walls even though when i moved in they didn't even mop/sweep and i don't even think they cleaned much of anything else. i could hear my upstairs neighbor pee, i'm sure i've already said that but i think it's funny whenever i hear a tinkle. i feel bad for whoever is living under me! when i wake up in the morning i only half blow dry my hair cuz i feel bad for waking my neighbors. i heard that pitter patter of a lil one when i was going to sleep last night, i think they have a doggie. my old neighbors at home did too, it's a familiar sound. my job is going well. today was my second day in the (Seattle) office and i got up early enough to walk there and walked home. it's about 30 min speed walking both ways with lights included. (my mullet hair gets messed up on my walk though. sucks but oh well. free air drying for the hair. i got a haircut like an hr before my plane ride here in feb but i got another haircut this past weekend and asked her to trim down my cotton ball frizzy hair and told her of the mullet i wanted. and now after i diffuse my hair i don't need curlers!) i could make it shorter but my TimBuk2 bag gets heavy and it was sprinkling and i start tilting fwd. i picked my job like relationships. it wasn't the brightest sparkle of the bunch, it wasn't the biggest, the most well known, it wasn't the highest paying, the one with the most resources, it wasn't the one closest to me but it was the one for me. i mostly picked it on the chemistry with my boss and hoped the rest would all fit into play. it's somewhat specific and if i mentioned what we do, you could figure it out. but it's a small company - 220 headcount. in jan, our parent company sold us and within the last week the new parent company bought our competitors (assets) that went under and want us to head them.....acquisitions...i feel like i just conquered one last yr. hopefully it's all be second nature by now but it means that i probably won't need a second job anytime soon. i'm hungry. i still don't have anything at home to cook with. (eh, who am i kidding, i hate cooking) i used to laugh at those gals in the work clothes with tennis shoes on but i'm sitting here in the library right now with a red sweater on, grey skirt, green/yellow baseball socks, green short jacket and brown sauconys and frizzy hair. oh well! =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home