...sometimes - it just doesn't...

Thursday, April 27, 2006

walk.

i think i walk too fast.

i think i walk too fast because whenever i get home i'm out of breath and tired.

yes, this also means i'm out of shape but i also think i walk too fast. my calves start burning. and i bump into people.

i used to bump into people at my old nonprofit but i blamed that on the skinny hallways that fit one person at a time.

and then i worked in the std corporate office that fit many at a time and i still bumped into people. there my office was slightly in right in front of our mini-kitchen and i would always cut corners and almost spill people's coffees.

and then i realized it, that i don't practice my 'inside' walk very often. you know how people have their 'inside voices'...toned down vs. their regular loud voices. well, i use my speed walk everywhere at work, in restaurants, i don't tame it. i just speed over everywhere. i was walking out of a restaurant the other night and almost bumped into two people "oh sorry!" "oops, sorry about that!" and that's when i realized my dilemma. i don't practice my inside walk - i still try to trample over everything and everyone! tsk...tsk...tsk...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

people say i walk to fast too. they always ask, "are you in a hurry to be somewhere?" kev told me that i should slow down (this was when we were coming to the end of our walk at benicia state park). he said if i dont slow down, i might just miss something. low and behold...what i wouldve missed (after he said that), was this snake that was crossing our trail. poor snake, i mightve flattened him with my foot.

xo marie

3:21 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"I go walking...after midnight..."

Like you, and Murray, I also walk too fast. People I walk with constantly complain that I'm walking too fast. "where's the fire?" is something I often hear. Weird, I never thought about it when I walked with either you or Murray...Life is strange, huh?

Alex Nishi

1:20 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home