...sometimes - it just doesn't...

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Unhappy Corner

I walked home from work today, as usual. I walked home late, not as usual. I was at my doorstep and decided to walk a block and a half further to safeway to grab something to eat.

when it comes to dinner, i may walk to QFC on broadway and grab something, eat some leftovers, walk to safeway or any junk food on broadway.

and as i was in eye distance, i saw the cop cars pull up and run out and put the tape out. i was walking towards my apt and told k (on the phone) that i don't think i can get in my home now cuz they've blocked off the whole block with caution tape. right outside the copymat, a few feet away from my building, there was a shooting. they said it was at least 7 shots. i sat down at a nearby bench and ate my dinner. this lil teeny tiny ol lady told me about how her church that serves her free lunch twice a week, sent over this guy who is partially deaf to mow her lawn....and after sitting with her for like 30 min, she told me like more than 10x bless her heart she was so adorable but after a few times, i caught onto her familiar story. but i felt unsettled and uneasy. k said tv desensitizes us. and i very much felt it at that moment, because i felt the body of the dead person --> there. it wasn't an image on tv it wasn't a body in a paper, it was right near my cross street that i walk at least 2x/day. a guy even gave me binoculars to see him. it was eerie. and i hope that my dad doesn't google my address when he reads the article tomorrow to notice that it was just merely feet away from where i lay down to sleep at night....it's...........weird. k asked if i believed in coincidences...and at that moment - i did wonder - what if... if i walked 10-15 min slower, if i went to dicks before going home, if i went anywhere on broadway before heading home, i would've been right there walking across my street, right then. literally.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home